Phone: (504) 526-2921
Fax: (504) 587-1577
400 Poydras St #1980
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Mr. Berg’s practice has an emphasis on commercial litigation and arbitration, including securities litigation and arbitration. He represents individual and institutional investors, public pension funds and hedge funds in investment disputes with investment banks and brokerage firms in state and federal court, and in arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Mr. Berg also represents businesses and individuals in complex commercial litigation matters, including derivative suits and claims involving unfair trade practices, fraud, negligence and breaches of fiduciary duties by managers, directors and officers of corporations. In addition to his commercial litigation practice, Mr. Berg has also represented many commercial and residential property owners in insurance claims seeking recovery of property damage and loss of business income.
Mr. Berg has been selected for listing as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of Securities Litigation each year from 2015 to 2017. Mr. Berg has received recognition from the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (“PIABA”) for assisting its amicus curiae efforts and furthering the protection of investors against investment abuses.
Mr. Berg’s recent accomplishments include:
- Obtaining a judgment for damages and attorney’s fees in favor of a bankruptcy trustee against the former manager of a limited liability company for breach of fiduciary duty and violation of the Louisiana Unfair Trade Practices Act;
- Obtaining a $1,275,000 settlement on behalf of a business owner for property damage and loss of business income arising out of a Hurricane Isaac insurance claim.
Mr. Berg is a member of the Business Torts section of the American Association for Justice. Mr. Berg has received recognition from the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (“PIABA”) for assisting its amicus curiae efforts and furthering the protection of investors against investment abuses.
Mr. Berg graduated magna cum laude from Tulane University Law School and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. Mr. Berg served as Managing Editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal. Mr. Berg received his undergraduate degree from Tulane University, where he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Economics and History.
Mr. Berg has been a co-presenter of a course on mediation as part of the Loyola Law School Skills Curriculum. Mr. Berg has also provided research and assisted in writing a treatise entitled Litigating Business and Commercial Tort Cases (Thomson Reuters 2011). Mr. Berg also has authored several articles, including:
- Bringing It All Back Home: The Fifth and Second Circuits Allow Domestic Prosecutions for Oil Record Book Violations by Foreign Flagged Vessels, 34 TUL. MAR. L.J. 253 (2009).
- Quantum Survey 2007-2008, 33 TUL. MAR. L.J. 603 (2009).
- Collision Survey 2007-2008, 33 TUL. MAR. L.J. 631 (2009).
- Forum Selection Clause Survey 2007-2008, 33 TUL. MAR. L.J. 661 (2009).