Kirk Reasonover works primarily in the area of commercial litigation and arbitration. His experience includes cases involving securities law and investment disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, racketeering, mismanagement, and corporate voting rights. He represents clients in arbitration proceedings before the NASD and American Arbitration Association. He has represented creditors, debtors and equity interest holders in bankruptcy and lien foreclosure proceedings. He has also been active in disputes involving franchises and intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, and computer software. He is a member of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee of Citizens National Bank of Meridian, a federally chartered bank.
Mr. Reasonover is the Section Chair of the Business Torts Section of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)). He previously served as Chair of AAJ's Securities Subcommittee. He has lectured at seminars on electronic evidence, cross-examination, and securities arbitration. He is Chair of Amicus Curiae Committee of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, an organization comprised of attorneys practicing in the area of securities arbitration.
Mr. Reasonover received his law degree from Tulane University Law School in 1991. While at Tulane, he was vice-president of his class, served as an assistant editor of the Tulane Law Review, and won the Tulane Junior Appellate Moot Court Competition. In 1991, he also received the degree of Master of Business Administration from Tulane University, where he studied in the areas of accounting, finance, and business management. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia.
He was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1964. He is married and has one daughter.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Louisiana, 1991
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: Winner, Tulane Junior Appellate Moot Court Competition
- A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University
- Master of Business Administration
- University of Virginia
- Litigating Business and Commercial Tort Cases, Co-Author
- "The Basics of Arbitration", Loyola Law School
Honors and Awards
- Louisiana Super Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America
- AV peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Business Torts Section, Former Chair
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Securities Subcommittee, Chair
- Amicus Curiae Committee of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Amicus Curiae Committee of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, Chair
- Louisiana Law Institute, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Citizens National Bank of Meridian, Audit Committee, Director and Member